- 1 Key Changes in NEET 2017 (Revised)
- 1.1 Only 3 attempts for NEET including earlier attempts
- 1.2 Upper age limit of 25 years (General/ OBC Creamy layer)
- 1.3 NEET 2017 Aadhaar Card is Mandatory
- 1.4 NRI/ NRE participate in all India quota seats NEET 2017
- 1.5 Medium of NEET 2017 Question Paper in 10 Languages – English, Hindi and 8 regional languages
Finally on 31-01-2017 the CBSE is issued bulleting cum Notification of NEET UG 2017. Here are the list of major changes in NEET 2017, the students must know before filling online MBBS/ BDS application form. Yesterday (31st Jan 2017, TN Assembly has issued notice agained the NEET, so admission in TN is based on 10+2 marks and Medical/ Dental colleges in Tamil Nadu is not accepting NEET score card.
Key Changes in NEET 2017 (Revised)
Only 3 attempts for NEET including earlier attempts
This is the major changes in NEET UG 2017, the number of attempts to qualify MBBS or BDS entrance test (NEET) is limited ot 3 chances. The candidate can appear only three (3) times in NEET Exam to qualify. If you have appeared in NEET 2013 or AIPMT 2014, 2015 or NEET Phase-I 2016/ NEET Phase-II 2016 more (if you have already appeared in 3 NEET Exam, then you are not eligible to appear in NEET UG 2017 Exam. This is very bad for student studying in Coaching Centers, typing to get admission in MBBS/ BDS for more than 3 years or more. The candidates will be required to give an undertaking in this regard and submission of any false undertaking in this regard may result in cancellation of the candidature in compliance with unfair means cases.
Upper age limit of 25 years (General/ OBC Creamy layer)
This is also key changes in NEET UG 2017 Notification. The upper age limit of student appearing in NEET 2017 is 25 years on date of examination. Last year, there was no age limit for NEET, but from this year the upper age limit is 25 years. Last year this rule was for only for 15 % all India quota seats.
NEET 2017 Aadhaar Card is Mandatory
The CBSE has made Aadhaar Card mandatory in JEE Main application form this years. Now, the candidate applying online for NEET 2017 has to possess valid Aadhaar card from UIDAI website or facilation centers.
- Adhaar Card exempted states: Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir. Besides, for NRIs, Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), passport number is mandatory to fill online applications of NEET.
- Adhaar Card for NRI/ OCI/ NRE/ PIO, Foreign Students: Not required, but passport number is mandatory.
NRI/ NRE participate in all India quota seats NEET 2017
For the first time, OCI/ NRI/ NRE Foreign nationals, Persons of Indian Origins (PIO) can fillup NEET UG 2017 online application, they are eligible to get admission in Medical and Dental Colleges on the basis of NEET Score card. They are allowed to participate in 15% all India quota counselling. Last years the 15% all India Quota seats were reserved for Indian nationals only.
Medium of NEET 2017 Question Paper in 10 Languages – English, Hindi and 8 regional languages
This is the first time, the CBSE is going to conduct MBBS/ BDS entrance exam in 10 languages. The question paper of NEET 2017 is in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.